Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Challenge

I can give you three good reasons why I haven't been good at blogging lately. 
Hooked. Got the second and third books today (thanks mom!). it's similar to hunger games, which I also loved. they are making movies out of it, so everyone go read it before the movie ruins it:) 
I haven't been this hooked on a series since Downton Abbey. Everyone has been telling me to watch it, so finally one night I caved. and ended up watching 3 episodes. and even when I tell myself 'just one episode' something big happens and I have to watch the next one. I curse Donielle for this one. 

The best reason possible is # 3- this little ball of energy. ( i realize I take a lot of pics in her pjs, but I love her pjs and sometimes we stay in them for a while). She is so much fun but also so exhausting:) So when she goes down for the night, I don't have much mental energy left to come up witty things to talk about. But i wouldn't have it any other way. She is changing so much every day I just want to pull the hands of time to a halt and make her stop growing! 

enough excuses, what i really wanted to share was my commitment this month. 
My BSF leader sent me a prayer challenge last month and we both decided to do it for our husband's for valentines day (or month rather). you can see the full list of prayers here
I can not tell you all how much it has changed our marriage in the 18 days I have been doing it so far. Each day, you pray the prayer for that day, and you tell your husband one thing you appreciate/admire about him. In my case, I send him an email each day/night because he is often at work. I write out the prayer, make it personal to us, and tell him something about him that I appreciate/love/admire/respect. 
I challenge the wives who read this to do it (c'mon just try it). I know it sounds cheesy and maybe out of your comfort zone.,but I promise your husband will appreciate it and you will see changes in your marriage. I honestly had no idea the impact it would have on us when I decided to do it. 
We are 18 days in and already amazed at God and his goodness in our marriage. 

No comments: