Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Game On

Alright folks, it's time. I've been putting it off long enough. I even hoped maybe the problem would fix itself. But it's not going anywhere and something has to done. this baby weight is going to come off!
15 lbs by Christmas. That is my goal. 
I am using my trusty ol' app 'My Fitness Pal' to count my calories and exercise. 
I used this before our wedding and lost some serious weight. I'm not saying it will be as easy as it was 4 years ago. But me staying home more has equaled me snacking more. I need to make myself count every little thing I eat. and track it. even that one little twizzler that was sitting on the counter. 
For my birthday I asked hubs to get me a jawbone. (click on link to read about how awesome it is). 
The features of this handy little bracelet are going to be saved for another blog, once I have more time to play with it. Because today I got an early birthday present! 
I love things like this that help you know your body better. I am super excited about it. 
So, game on. time to shed these pounds and flab. :)
__________________________________________________________________________
In honor of the adventure of losing weight, I will share a yummy healthy recipe I made for dinner tonight. 
Easy Healthy Baked Chicken 
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2-3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp onion powder or onion flakes
1/4 tsp garlic salt
salt
pepper
1. preheat over to 350
2. rinse and pat chicken dry. 
3. spray a small baking dish with spray. 
4. sprinkle chicken with onion, garlic salt, salt and pepper. 
5. add chicken broth.
6. cook 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
Best part: 141 calories/chicken breast! 
We weren't expecting much, since it is a 'healthy' dinner. But we both really liked it! it had great flavor. We dipped the chicken into the broth mixture and ate it 'au jus' style. yumm. 
And if you aren't counting calories, toast some thick bread and dip it in the cooked broth. 
Happy Baking:)
and of course some pictures of our little princess
loves being pulled around in a diaper box
chillin
hangin with GG
this new thing she does- clasps her hands together in excitement. so cute! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the website, skinnytaste.com she has tons of recipes, great variety, easy to follow steps and pics, and nutritional facts for everything. I also have some great ones from Hungry Girl too. They do emails and have a website to look through too. Good luck! And that precious baby is worth those couple pounds!