Thursday, April 26, 2012

2 years

I can't believe we have been married for 2 years!! (well now 2 years, 2 days)
(i just re-read our one year anniversary here- seems like yesterday!)
Tuesday was our 2nd anniversary. 
Philip is in the middle of a long run of night shifts, so our celebration was limited that day. But hey, we're not complaining, we did get to celebrate the past 2 weeks. Because of our trip, we agreed not to get each other anything but cards. 
Philip is so sweet, after one of the worst nights at work, he still managed to show up that morning with these beautiful flowers and sweet card
 I decided to make him dinner before he went into work. I made stuffed shells that turned out awesome.
precooked.
  I also attempted creme brulee for the first time. Philip had made it for me several months ago and it was awesome. I found a recipe on pinterest that called for baking it in a 'water bath', which apparently was all wrong and not at all how you make it. needless to say, it turned out terrible and we couldnt even eat it. :/ looks like that dessert will be Philip's specialty in this household:) 
I was cracking up at this point. clearly this is NOT what was supposed to happen.
 Year 2 is traditionally 'cotton'. Well I couldnt find anything inexpensive or witty to fit this category. and my brain was filled with lots of other things going on. so this is what he got. 
favorite candy. piece of cotton. problem solved.
It seems crazy to both of us that we have been married 2 years already.
Here's to many many more happy years  :) :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the last picture--too cute!

Whitney said...

Congratulations on 2 years!! I love the cotton ball on candy. That is a classic gift to talk about in the future!

Blissfully Burton said...

congrats!!