Friday, February 10, 2012

OJ cake

We finally got some snow! Tuesday night Philip and I were outside playing with Jackson and grilling out. Wednesday morning I woke up and the view from our house was a blanket of white! it was beautiful :) crazy KY weather though! Supposedly it will snow a lot again tonight, and of course I have to work tomorrow. I am NEVER going to get to play in the snow :(

A big Happy Birthday ! to my Grandma Wilhoite. She is 86 years old today:) 

Anyway, to the point of this post- yesterday I made a breakfast cake and took it to work for a birthday. I was surprised at how many people loved it! So I wanted to share the recipe. It's a cake my mom has been making for years. it's so so delicious. 

Orange Juice Cake
Cake
1 pkg. yellow butter cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 c. orange juice
½ cup oil
4 eggs
Chopped pecans or walnuts

Glaze
1 cup sugar
½ cup orange juice
1 stick margarine

Mix all ingredients for cake together.  Spray the bottom and sides of a bundt pan with Pam.  Sprinkle the chopped nuts in the bottom of the pan.  Pour the cake batter over the nuts.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.

About 5 – 10 minutes before the cake is done, mix the ingredients together for the glaze in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes.  Pour glaze over hot cake while still in pan.  Allow to cool for 30-40 minutes before flipping cake out of pan.
glazed, before you flip

  Even Philip likes it, and that is a feat. he doesn't have the sweet tooth that I do.

And for some pre-Valentines Day humor:
(thanks joy!)
Happy Friday! I'm going to see The Vow tonight and am sooo excited!

1 comment:

L.B. said...

This recipe looks so yummy. Have to try it soon. Enjoy the snow!