Monday, December 12, 2016

Snow, Statues, and Cookies

we had our first snow this week! it didn't accumulate to much, but parker kept pointing outside grunting, and ainsley flew down the stairs to see the snow as soon as she woke up. last night it rained allll night- and I was just looking outside thinking "really rain? can't you be your colder form?" 
Ainsley had her Christmas Program this week. She has been singing songs around the house for weeks, so I was optimistic for this years performance. However, her and her friend Liam were the only two kids who did not participate in singing. Julie and I were cracking up at our kids blank faces and statue like stance. When Mom asked her why she didn't sing, ainsley told her " I just wanted Mommy to come hug me". So of course I did:) She enjoyed doughnuts and punch afterwards, and we enjoyed a fun lunch with Nanny and Pop. 
ainsley's cheering squad

parker clapping for sissy 
 We also went to our friend's The Stearleys house to make Christmas cookies. Ainsley and Tate bickered like brother and sister (they are too close in age). But they had a great time making cookies and then eating them with some hot cocoa. 
Last night while we were saying our prayers Ainsley thanked God for Jesus. and His birthday. then asked me what Jesus would want for Christmas (what a loaded question!). I told her that I thought Jesus would want our love, because He loves us. and Ainsley said "for his birthday? from me??" it was a very sweet conversation, and my heart swelled that she is starting to grasp the meaning of this holiday I love so much.

No comments: