Sunday, March 6, 2016

Stomach Bug

Thursday night started out like a typical husband-work-night. I started dinner as he was finishing getting ready and then he leaves and the kids and I sit down to eat. 
Ainsley had requested Mac n cheese, as she does for almost every meal, and since she hadn't had it in awhile, I made it for her. So I was surprised when she didn't want to eat any. She didn't even want her kiwi I had cut up. But, I made her follow the dinner rules and eat so many bites of each. Man do I regret that decision. 

A few minutes later she told me her belly hurt. She thought she needed to go to the bathroom and asked me to go with her. She asked me to sit in the bathroom with her- and I also regret that decision. Because what she thought was #2 was really #3 (vomit) . And as she was sitting on the toilet with me in front of her she proceeded to vomit Mac n cheese and kiwi all over both of us. To the bath we go, her telling me she's "all better!". 

I got her and myself all cleaned up, a bath for Parker too, and then let Ainsley rest for a bit in our bed to watch a movie, while trying to keep her away from Parker. Well her belly started hurting and anything left was out on the sheets and comforter. The bed was stripped and tossed in the wash, new sheets placed and a bucket put next to A. 
She said she felt ok so I fed Parker and put him down a little early- so I could come back and cuddle the sick bee. 
She proceeded to be sick and nauseas all night long. I let her stay in my bed with me for the second time in her life. She was so restless and puny and keep asking for water only to throw it right back up. By the middle of the night we were laying on towels covered with blankets, on pillows with no cases. 
Finally around 4am she asked to watch a movie and I thought- why not. So she watched Tangled. All of it. I dozed a bit but was woken to fast forward through the scary part. She wanted to watch another movie but I insisted she try to close her eyes for a little bit. She finally fell asleep around 6. I was excited to get at least an hour of sleep. Only to hear sweet Parker wake up at 6:20. Luckily I have a husband who came home from work with Starbucks and Gatorade. And let me shower before he went to sleep. And helped me with the 5 loads of laundry I did that day. 
I am happy to say she woke up from her afternoon nap stating "I'm all better can I have some snow cream?" Her and Pop had scooped some snow into a bowl for snow cream earlier Thursday and it didn't get to be made due to the mass puking. So I made her snow cream and she was happy as a clam. 

So that was our first and hopefully last GI bug for a long time. Whew- not looking forward to ever doing that again! 

1 comment:

Rachel Wilhoite said...

Poor thing ... She looks so pitiful! Glad she's better and hope there is no vomit in your future.