Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I- spy

Ainsley has started loving to play "I spy" in the car. She thinks it's so fun and gets really upset if she can't spy what I spied. It was really tricky when the world was covered in snow:) I had to really use my imagination.

A mom friend at Ainsley's preschool had made a "I- spy" bottle and brought it in one day. I decided to make Ainsley one for her Easter basket. Because let's be honest- she is going to get candy elsewhere and definitely does not need anything else to make her hyper. 

So anyway- what you need to make is: 
A container of some sort 
Long grained rice 
Food coloring 
White vinegar 
Trinkets 
Hot glue 

I used an empty Parmesan cheese container from SAMs club and an empty white vinegar bottle for parkers. 

I dyed the rice by adding a little vinegar (1/4-1/2 tsp) to 2 cups rice in a ziplock Baggie. Then added 3-5 drops food coloring depending on what color you want. and shake it up real good. 
I went to Michaels and had the most fun finding little trinkets to put in each one. They each have the letters to their names (x2), a turtle, a crab, ice cream cone, popcorn, spoon, fork, knife, a penny, a piece of crayon, etc. Ainsley's obviously has more than parkers :) 
So I poured the rice in, added some trinkets, more rice, more trinkets, until it was almost full but with enough empty space to shake it. 
Then glued the top in so they can't get it off!! 

I had so much fun making it I just had to share. I hope they like them!!!! 


1 comment:

Rachel Wilhoite said...

You are such a good Mom! She is going to love it :)