Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Fun

I decided this year I wanted to get all my shopping done early. And I am so glad I did! I have gotten to enjoy the past few weeks without stressing about shopping. And by shopping I mean Amazon prime during the kids nap times:) 

We have gotten to do lots of fun Christmassy things. Ainsley had her first Christmas program. It was a success In the fact that she stayed on stage and didn't cry. Which was more than some of her classmates. She started out really strong doing hand motions and even singing. But her poor friend next to her was sobbing hysterically and then all Ainsley could do was stare at her. We couldn't figure out if she felt sorry for her or was pissed:) after her performance of several songs (including happy birthday Jesus) we had doughnuts and punch. Ainsley was so happy to have so many people there to watch her:) 
We had the Martinkovic Christmas party but I failed to take but one picture. It was a lot of fun with good friends we don't see nearly enough. 

We also had a get together with our little group of friends (Megan,Alison, Jordan and families). Parker and Hayes are 5 days apart and we finally got a pic of both of them . 
We also took Ainsley around the neighborhood to look at lights. Since it was 70 degrees we had the windows down and she kept trying to climb out the window. It was not nearly as fun as we wanted it to be:) 
One of our neighbors (and friends from high school) hired Santa to come over to their house. They invited several families and kids to come over to meet him. He also read them a story and ate cookies with them. Ainsley crawled right up in his lap and told him she wanted candy canes:) 
really listening to Santa read his story 
giving Santa a cookie 

She also had her first Christmas party at school. I was one of the moms helping with it and I did most of the food:) I didn't get too creative because I mean, they're two. But the party was a lot of fun! 
And we went to southern lights with Matt, Rachel, and Anna Beth. We all piled in my car (put that third row to good use!) and drove the 4 miles of lights. The girls did so good and enjoyed seeing all of the lights. Ainsley loved the petting zoo and has been talking about the camels all night:) This was the first time I have ever done Southern Lights and I thought it was pretty cool. 
it was (finally!) too cold for little parker 
and some random pics: 
Now the best thing that has happened is that Philip's brother Brian got baptized on Monday! I took the kids to watch and Ainsley was fascinated with watching uncle bri take a bath at church:) it was so special for us to get to be there and it meant so much for me to get to explain it all to Ainsley. 

No comments: