Tuesday, October 14, 2014

testing

Monday, ainsley slept in until 9am (i of course was up at 630) , woke up with a fever/cough/and snot CAKED in her hair. like gobs. she was pitiful. we spent the day alternating tylenol/motrin and watching Nemo and Mickey. She fell asleep in philip's arms around 1215, slept until 430 and then back to sleep at 8. girl did not feel great. 
so pitiful 
don't worry she perked up enough to eat joy's pumpkin pie with cool whip 
However, she woke up with vengeance this morning. She slept in again, but hit the ground running. Hurricaning all over house. of course on a day when it poured all day, forcing us to be cooped up inside with maniac child. 

She got her little chair taken away from her because she was standing on the back of it. She then proceeded to stand up in her rocking chair. I counted to three, thinking it would be a warning. instead, she counted with me. laughing when we got to three. 
the rocking chair joined her other chair out in the garage. 

at dinner, she began throwing the food she didn't want on the floor. Philip told her no. she looked right at him, laughed, and threw her food at his feet. this warranted her first 'time out'. not sure how effective it was. 

Don't get me wrong, I love that she has such a spirit about her. I love her laugh. I even appreciate the fact that she is testing her boundaries. Most the time, I want to laugh at her and how defiant she is right now. Philip and I have agreed we will probably spank. but we haven't really sat down and talked about it and how we want to go about it. My dad told me a book I need to read about discipling children… I think it's time I get the title of it and get to work.

anyway- last week we did get to enjoy some family time. we went to the explorium downtown for the first time with A. Philip remembers going there on field trips when he was in school. I dont think Ive ever been. It was fun, something to do on a rainy day at least. 

 
why does she look 5 here? 

We also got to meet up with Matt and Rachel at Keenland. Which is such a different experience with kids. But we had such a good time taking the girls there. 
the girls faces CRACK ME UP 

Ainsley is keeping us on our toes around here. but we love every minute of it. she is starting to put words together and it is so cute. her first two words were 'more. pickles'. she also puts her possession on things now "Ainsley's hair" "Ainsley's shoes" "mommy's chair". she's such a little person now! 

No comments: