Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall

I'm sitting on our back porch (my favorite place in our house), feet propped up, monitor showing a snoozing baby, jackson snoring, maya sun bathing, me staring at the cloudless blue sky and beautiful trees in our back yard. I love our new house. I love the peace that the back porch gives me, almost every nap time. I come out here and read, do my bible study, blog. today i'm waiting for hubs to come home from a weekend of racing (last one of the season!) speaking of racing, I was not the happiest wife that he was going away on a weekend where we had been asked to do lots of fun things that required him being here. however, I did enjoy the gifts I received to make up for it;) 
We are enjoying this fall weather and all that fall entails. Ainsley has her Halloween costume ready for Friday. as does Jackson:) Our new neighborhood has been introduced to the Overall Pumpkin Family, 2014 edition. 
we taught ainsley who each pumpkin represented and she likes to point to each one and name them. 
We use acorns for the eyes and the squirrels seem to have had them for their breakfast one day. Ainsley walked over to them the other morning and said "eyes? uh-oh mommy. eyes?" try explaining that to a toddler :) 

With fall comes spiced tea which I actually made myself today. Delicious. and makes my house smell yummy too. 
I got crafty this week and made halloween chex mix. I gave some to our neighbors (all three of them that I know), ainsley's teachers, philip's coworkers, friends, etc. 
The cold weather also forces us to get more creative with our free time. Being cooped up with a toddler gets old a lot quicker than you would think. Philip thought he would help the situation by investing in a little bounce house for ainsley. she calls it her castle. Her two friends came over this weekend for a playdate and the girls loved it. 
As for us, we have also gotten creative in our quality time together 
please note the mortgaged property versus the domination on the other side… ;) 
Looking forward to Halloween this weekend and getting to actually go trick or treating this year! 

some pics from our week : 
cleaning up her own mess, kind of
wanted to wear Jackson's "necklace" 
training for Ebola patients… 
Hurricane Ainsley. Whitney loves Jackson in the background saying "I told her not to do it!" 
pretty much a dream come true! my pastor signing a book he wrote, and hugging me! cloud nine! 
Anna Beth's first bonfire
ainsley and "emmie" to which emma said "my name is emma" haha 
ice cream! 
annnndd still working on the whole utensil thing. sigh. 

1 comment:

Aunt Ellen said...

My favorite is the cooking sheets all over the kitchen!