Monday, March 3, 2014

i'm going to be an aunt!

Christmas day Matt and Rachel gave mom and I these picture frames of us from the beach this summer, with shells Rachel had picked up collected at the bottom. 
With the picture was an envelope containing an ultrasound picture stating Baby Wilhoite was making it's arrival August 2014! I screamed and jumped around. a lot. Dad thought mom and I were getting to go on some vacation and he was mad he was left out of it. I was seriously so surprised and so freakin excited!!! 

Saturday night Matt and Rachel had a gender reveal party. They made us suffer through dinner before they told us what they were having. But once they pulled the strings on the awesome set up they rigged up, pink balloons fell into the room and a banner stated 'It's a GIRL'!!!! 

I was honestly shocked, because I felt pretty confident it was going to be a boy. But Philip and I are ecstatic they are having a little girl. Philip is so excited for Matt to experience the love for a daughter and knows Matt will be so amazing to this little baby girl. I am so excited for Matt and Rachel to have a baby period but can't wait to have another little girl in the family! and for ainsley to have her first cousin. They are going to be best friends. playing on the farm together and spending nights together at nana and pops. I tear up just thinking about it. I have become such a softie! 

It is stupid how excited I am for matt and rachel to start this new journey and become parents. (And for me to pass along all my cute girl clothes and toys!! :) :) )


No comments: