Monday, September 23, 2013

Racing

Yikes I have been bad about blogging this month. Philip gets on me all the time about it. 
But it has been a crazy busy few weeks over here! 

cold mornings = booties handmade by Aunt Deb! 




thanks for the jammies Grandma Joy! 
Ainsley got a little virus that knocked her down for about 4 days. poor little thing. She is on the mend though and feeling so much better:) 

I have started a bible study called BSF (bible study fellowship). It is an international, interdenominational bible study and I am absolutely loving it. I will post more on this soon. 

This past weekend the family took a trip to Putnam Park Race Course right outside Indianapolis. Philip raced his car and Ainsley and I cheered him on :)








Philip really wanted me to ride with him. I had been telling him I would think about it. Well when Ryan came up on Sunday, I really had no excuse. Now we had someone to watch A while I rode with Philip. 
my guest bracelet 
philip strapping me in. too tight, i might add. 
I couldn't lean forward for picture, I was strapped in too tight!!! 
here we go!! 
I made it around the track 3 times. He uses his GoPro (that his awesome wife got him) to tape each race. So the video of me is funny. If you could hear the commentary it would be funnier. I got super nauseas when he would brake around the turns. at one point I was pulling up my pant legs and my sleeves (they make you wear long pants and long sleeves!) because I was getting hot and nauseas. SO 3 laps was good for me. He got me off the track before I got really sick. Just in case I did get sick, I wore Philip's helmet and he wore Ryan's. Ryan wasn't about to have puke all over his helmet:) 
So I am proud of myself for doing it. I didn't love it like Philip does. I'm not really even sure I enjoyed it that much. But I enjoyed being a part of something he loves to do. And he enjoyed getting to show off a bit;) 

I hope everyone is doing well and for those who actually read this I will be much better at updating, I promise :) 

No comments: