Thursday, September 5, 2013

Nailed It

In my brief time I have spent in the 'Mommy Club' I have learned a lot. A lot about myself. A lot about my husband, my daughter, priorities. But I have also learned a lot about other people. and how they treat you and the decisions you make. It's like the way someone chooses to raise their child is the right and only way. and if your decisions are different from their's, you are wrong and your child will suffer for it. 

Being a mom is hard. You don't need people tearing you down or making you question yourself more than you already do. You need people who encourage you and lift you up. Not that you do what you do for the praise of others, it's not about that. It's just about someone telling you that you aren't making all the wrong decisions. Philip is very good about telling me 'you're doing a good job'. or ' i know today was rough, but Ainsley and I appreciate what you do for us'. One little sentence means a lot. 

in 7 months I have realized how judgmental I was pre-Ainsley. Because let me tell ya, I don't judge now. I have realized that every mom, every dad, every family- has to do what is right for them and their family. And that is unique to each person and to each family. What is right for one isn't necessarily right for another and vice versa. 
I read this blog this morning and was like 'she nailed it'. 
*there is some cussing in this blog, but I think it is appropriate;) *

CLICK HERE to read it. 

No comments: