Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Secret's Out! like my belly.

Yes, my belly is growing. So is our family. In February we will going from a family of 2 to a family of 3:)
Philip and I are expecting a little baby!!!

We are so so excited and feel so blessed that God has chosen us to be the parents of this little 'bean' growing in my belly. It has been one of the most awesome/unique/sick times of my life. We are over the moon excited. It has been hard for me to be super excited up to this point, because I have been so overwhelmingly sick. BUT, I know the sickness won't last forever and that it just means my body is adjusting and taking care of the baby. So the first trimester for me was about surviving. and in 3 more days- i will have done just that; survived the first trimester!!! :) (only with the help of my wonderful husband and amazing mom. and lots of prayers!)

As of today, we are 12 weeks 4 days along. Baby is as big as a peach (3 in long). Which is crazy because I remember when it was as big as a poppy seed. Somehow I have a small little 'pooch' even though I am still down from pre-pregnancy weight. We are due Feb 8. We have seen the baby twice now through ultrasound at our OB.  
Baby Overall's first pic:)
 We found out we were pregnant on May 31. We saw the baby for the first time on July 2 and again on July 9. I will never forget Philip's face when he saw our little heart beat.  

   We haven't gotten to personally tell everyone we want to, but I wanted to start blogging about it so family and friends could stay up to date. I know it seems weird but i'm still not ready to make the official 'facebook announcement' or have it posted about on FB. I could go more into detail about why, but ill spare you :)
11 weeks 4 days:)
 I have many stories to tell about pregnancy (the good, bad,ugly,pretty) but I will save them for separate posts. 


"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there."

1 Samuel 1:27-28


6 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

woo! excited to read all about your pregnancy! :)

harper is excited to have a new friend and i am excited for you and philip to experience the joy that comes with being parents together! yay!

Kari said...

YAHOO! Congratulations!!!

Andrea H. said...

Congrats, Amanda!! Excited for you and Philip!!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and Philip:)

amanda said...

thanks guys!! we are so excited!!!

ELVIE said...

Hey:-) congratulations:-) so excited to see your little munchkin's pictures soon:-) I know that you & Phillip would be great:-)