Friday, July 10, 2020

You can buy me a Boat

I knew when we did our lake trip last month, that the itch had been surfaced for Philip. I should have squashed that itch then, but I let it fester. Conversations (some heated) were had, feelings were shared and the outcome was : Philip bought a boat. And I will say my feelings were pretty mixed about it. 
Especially when this beast showed up in our driveway. 

The kids were elated and immediately climbed up top and made their "beds". 

We had to park it at Auntie Jo's for a week during our beach trip and while we figured out where we would keep it long term. 

And a few days after we got back from the beach, we took her out on her maiden voyage. Nanny, Pop, Uncle Bubby & fam came along. We got her into her new home on 'Houseboat Holler' on lake Cumberland. our neighbors were super friendly and helpful. 











We had our tube from our eclipse trip years ago, so we dug it out, blew it up and put it to use. Ainsley was brave and stood up to surf. The girls loved it too, so we took turns going out on it and everyone had a blast (well maybe not nanny). 

Philips dad met up with up with us for a bit, but said it took over 30 minutes to reach us from his marina. Overall it was a successful first time out (sans a few injuries to toes, feet and an ear).  

my mixed feelings turned to much more favorable feelings as I floated in the water and watched my family go down the slide. and listened to their laughter coming off the tube. and watched Philip look stress free and relaxed. I left that day happy and hopeful to all the memories we will make on this boat. 

Besides there isn't a better way to social distance than out on the water, right?! 

No comments: