Sunday, July 29, 2018

Summer Life Lately

This past week the kids were BOTH able to go Super Hero Camp. So, Monday- Friday, 9-12, i was without children. I declared this week “Amanda Week” and really lived up my 2.5ish hours to myself each morning. I would go work out, run errands (so efficiently with only myself to drag around), cleaned house, got a manicure, got a massage, and took showers to MY desired length and actually dried my hair for maybe the third time all summer. I am refreshed and ready to tackle these last few weeks of summer! 

The kids loved camp, Parker especially loved finally being able to participate. Lots of their friends were there too so it was a fun week for them. 



The end of camp was a small “performance” for the parents. And Ainsley couldn’t handle it which spun Parker into a worrisome tizzy so he couldn’t handle it either. 


Ainsley also had her last dance/ballet class which also ended in a smal performance. My mom and I came to cheer her on and as soon as they came on the “stage” she was legit terrified and in tears. I got her off bc honestly it didn’t matter, and she has learned so much the past 6 weeks. Girl just doesn’t like too many eyes on her. 

We were able to visit our friends The Birdwhistell’s at their farm, which was super fun for kids and adults alike. There were animals and kids everywhere, but their land is beautiful and so peaceful. 



We also celebrated Anna Beth’s 4th birthday! Snow White made an appearance but Ainsley was still in her “too many eyes” mindset and she retreated to the pool. Parker gave us all a scare / pissed offness when he jumped in the deep end going after a ball. Philip jumped in fully clothed and with that the party was over. 


We are gearing up for August as it is going to be a busy month full of lots of changes for all of us. Let’s not talk about it yet. 













No comments: