Friday, January 20, 2017

Life Lately

I feel like once Parker started walking, all of my productivity went out the window :) I struggle with not being able to get anything done in the days that Philip works. some days I feel like not only can I not get anything done, but I am actually counter-productive. for example I was folding laundry one morning, came into the kitchen to find all the tupperware pulled out of the cabinet. I cleaned that up, looked around for Parker and finally found him in the laundry room, all my folded clothes in disarray and sprinkled with dog food. That pretty much sums up most of my days lately :) 
However, I am learning to love these days more than I have before. I registered Ainsley for her last year of preschool and it hit me that before I know it, she will be in kindergarten. I went back and forth about how many days a week to put her in preschool. After talking to Philip and praying about it, we stuck with two days a week. My thinking is- she has the rest of her life to be in school every day. 
pj & pancake day at school!
This past year I also became a BSF leader. It has been fulfilling and challenging in many ways. I am learning a lot about myself, Jesus and the Word. And am making some really good friendships with women around Lexington. Most importantly, we are seeking the Lord's heart. 
The much anticipated YMCA opened just down the road from us (takes me 17 minutes to walk there with double stroller). It has been such a blessing for our whole family. The kids love going to the playroom while I take an exercise class (well, Parker had a few issues but they have been resolved thanks to his feisty mama bear). If Philip is home we will take the kids swimming in the indoor pool, and Ainsley has become quite a little fish. She has also started taking gymnastics there on Monday nights. She seems to really enjoy it, and the atmosphere fits her much better than where she took gymnastics last year. She is learning toe touches, back somersaults, balance beam (doing ice cream scoops), and cartwheels (well some version of a cartwheel). Parker also loves the gym and when it is open, we take him in and let him "play" basketball. Every time we walk into the Y he points to the gym and asks "ball? ball?" 
 Ainsley is at such a sweet yet infuriating age. Disciplining her is a challenge and some days I am at a loss with how to make her grasp what is right. But most of the time, she is a smart, tenderhearted, laughing ball of energy. 
Parker is learning new things every day. His new favorite thing is to use his spoon and fork to eat. he is so proud of himself when he gets food into his mouth with a utensil. He is understanding so much of what we say, yet still not saying that many words. right now he says mama, dada, ball, uh (the first part of uh-oh), and signs more, please, thank you and all done. 
Tonight, we are having "Star Wars" night. We are watching Episode 7, The Force Awakens, each of us with our light sabers, and ainsley is cheering on Poe and Rey (but makes sure we fast forward the part where Finn has the blood). 
Life is exhausting, but good these days:) 

No comments: