Monday, February 1, 2016

Ainsley's PartieS

Several months ago when I was trying to come up with a "theme" for Ainsley's party I asked her what kind of cake she would like. She looked at Parker's pjs of colorful stripes and stated "stripes like that". I laughed and sort of dismissed it. Well the idea stuck in her head and every time I would ask her she was pretty adamant she wanted stripes. So I went with it. If she wants stripes on her birthday, stripes it is:) 
Saturday morning started her birthday weekend and i told her I would make her cheesy eggs. She requested pink eggs and then wanted to add sprinkles. sounds gross to me, but she declared they were "the best cheesy eggs EVER". 
 That morning we gave her one of her gifts early because lots of family got accessories to go with it. We got her a doll house and she LOVES it.
Having a winter birthday is hard because everything has to be inside. and it's just too much having that many people and kids at your house. So we asked her where she would like to have her party and she exclaimed "Money Joe's!". Which taking 15 kids 3 and under to Monkey Joe's on a Saturday didn't sound super fun to me, I knew she would have a BLAST. and she did:) So with all 4 of us donned in stripes- we had the perfect 3 year old birthday party.In fact I haven't seen her so happy. She ran, jumped, bounced, laughed, and smiled for 2 hours straight. and I can't say enough about how helpful and organized Monkey Joe's was. They have this down to an art (and it was pretty cheap too!). 
It was so sweet seeing all of her friends there to celebrate her. And when everyone sang happy birthday to her and she just sat there watching them then calmly blew out her candle it brought tears to my eyes. Such a big girl already. My sappiness will be reserved for another post- ill stick to the party here:) 
We had to literally drag her out of there in tears- which means it was a success! Parker did great and enjoyed watching sis be her crazy self. 
Sunday we had a smaller scale joint birthday party for Auntie Jo, Uncle Rick, Rachel and Ainsley at Nanny Pops house. 
Nanny made blue ice cream per Ainsley request:) 
Monday, her actual birthday, we woke her up wearing party hats and singing Happy Birthday to her. I made her special birthday sprinkle pancakes (kind of like cake with icing more than pancakes with syrup). We hung around the house playing with her new things and then ran some errands (to get a helmet, big girl bedding and cupcakes!). She got to play outside some too since the weather was so fabulous. 
That night we went to pucchinis for dinner. Girl loves some pasta. 

She ended the night going to sleep in her "big girl bed" for the first time. I may have teared up a bit at how big she looks in it. 

No comments: