Tuesday, September 29, 2015

germs with smiles

Based on the amount of germs that the Overall kids have caught so far in just a short month, I am not hopeful for the winter. But I am, however, happy. Because look at this face. 
Two weeks ago ainsley had a fever with no other real symptoms except a fever that would spike every 6 hours when tylenol wore off. We had to recruit help to help keep her away from Parker because a newborn with a fever is bad bad news. and philip was working 3 shifts in a row. Well then she got better, and Parker began getting (dare I say the word) colicky. Every night from about 4-830 he would cry and cry. Which is sort of miserable for all involved. but when Philip is gone working, it's really unmanageable alone. If our family had more of a 'normal' schedule, where Philip was home in the evenings or even a few hours at a time, life would look different for us. But the reality is that he works 12 hours shifts one hour away, and typically has to stay late after his shift ends. A day for us looks like this: he leaves for work at 530-545pm, gets home the next day around 830-9am. goes to bed, wakes up, showers and leaves to go back to work. And while we appreciate so much how hard he works for us, it means when he works i'm on my own for at least 24 hours. 
So, once again, I had to recruit help. HUGE thanks to my parents, Aunt Ellen and Anna Jo who saved me and my sanity. Both kids gave Aunt Ellen a run for her money one night:)

The past two nights Parker has done a lot better. And guess who wakes up in the middle of the night sick? Poor Ainsley. Yesterday she had a fever again, cough and runny nose. So, for the millionth time this month, Mom to the rescue! It's just so hard when both kids need you in such different ways. And when Ainsley is sick she is a huge cuddle worm and just wants to be held, which makes it hard to also care for a newborn- AND not transfer germs. We are so lucky that my parents are able to help us as much as then do and I can't thank them enough for taking care of us all as much as they do. 

BSF has started back and I am so grateful for the accountability and community it gives me during the school year. We are studying Revelation this year and I am so excited to learn more about the Lord's return and grow in my relationship with Him. Ainsley loves it too and I think will get more out of it this year than she did last year. 
first day of bsf
Right now it is rainy, Parker is hanging out in his swing, Ainsley is staying home from preschool, Philip is off work, and we are enjoying just a lazy family day. 

Here are some pics of the cutest kids ever: 
fun day at preschool learning about Old McDonald
on a walk- she loves to play 'drums' on the light posts 
snug as a bug 
holding his hand 
first time at church with both kids solo! 
sticks with nanny
"morning time is my favorite" 

No comments: