Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Party 2014

The Fifth Annual Overall Christmas Party was a success! It was the first one in our new house. Every year I get so mad at myself for not taking pictures. ugh. I can honestly say this year has been the least work I have put into the party:( I just feel like having a toddler/hurricane changes everything and makes things a little more challenging. Thank you for those who offered to help :)
I am loving the chicken finger platter at Cane's though. Second year in a row and it's always a hit. 
It did help having this sweet little helper though:) 
Ok, so onto the spread. 
christmas veggie tree, of course 
chocolate dipped oreos 
jalapeño bacon cheese ball, requested by Philip  
homemade Chuy's jalapeño ranch dip, again requested by hubs 
meatballs
PUPPY CHOW! 
napkins from Joy :) 
gingerbread tree made by nana, decorated by Ainsley 
Between chasing Ainsley, hosting, bouncing from downstairs to upstairs, I didn't take any pics. If I get any from family, I will add in though! 
I did plan a little secret for Philip though. He wanted our Christmas lights to be the best in the neighborhood. So much so, that my dad really thought he was in a competition when they were putting  up the lights. In our old neighborhood, they judge christmas lights and give awards to the houses that win. The houses get a sign in their yard and we drive around every year and ooh and ahh at the houses that win. So I made Philip his own sign this year. I had planned to put it out before all the guests arrive, and when someone asked him about it, him be like 'what sign?'. 
Weelllll, he ruined it. I hid the sign in my car so I could sneak it into yard easier. Well, he went to run an errand right before party and took my car. seeing the sign and figuring what I had done. :( A for effort I guess. 
We loved having everyone to our new house and getting to just spend time with family. It is always a little hectic and chaotic, but worth it:) we had such a good time and hope everyone that came did too! 
excuse the bare feet 
* we tried a family picture and ainsley was not having it. I'm so sad at my lack of picture documentation! * 

No comments: