Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Let me first start out by telling you that it was a Christmas Miracle around here on Tuesday (monday) this past week. Philip was working thanksgiving and the 2 nights after. We always put up the tree together, and I told him I was not waiting until sunday night to put it up. So he relented and agreed to put it up before thanksgiving this year! yay! We attempted to put the tree up Monday night, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it did not officially go up until Tuesday. Anyway, more to come on that, decorating, lights and all of our pics in the next post. Today, is about our Thanksgiving:) 
Philip pulling out the decorations for me! 
My family was able to move lunch up to noon so that Philip could eat with us and then get home and nap before work. Ainsley had been developing a cough for the days leading up to turkey day, but she seemed ok so we decided to still make the trip to Georgetown. 
woke up happy and excited! 
ready for turkey mom! 
We had a delicious spread that Mom and Aunt Ellen made. I contributed mashed potatoes, and used a Pinterest recipe- it was tasty (or I thought so at least) ! Ainsley's cough seemed to be getting worse and she ended up only eating the oranges off of mom's cranberry jello salad. go figure :) 
We made a plate for Joy and took it to the hospital that night since she had to work. Ainsley was worn out and not feeling so hot, so she got to go to in her pajamas. She passed out on the ride home :)
Since Philip was working, I had planned to stay the night in gtown at Mom and Dad's. Which means Jackson got to go run on the farm and he was one happy pup. Mom and I played Scrabble and took turns putting A back to sleep after her coughing woke her up. The next day Mom made hot browns from left overs-- YUMMM. 
It actually worked out well with her not feeling so hot. I have such admiration for single moms, especially when dealing with sick babies. it's so hard! so thankful for my parents and Aunt Ellen who helped me the past few days. 
She seemed to turn the corner this morning and hopefully is on the mend. 

I hope each one of you had a food/family/laughter filled thanksgiving!  

No comments: