Friday, August 1, 2014

I'm an Aunt!!!

She's here!!!
A little earlier than 'predicted' but right on God's schedule. 
 Baby Wilhoite came into the world awaiting her parents to see her sweet face before they gave her a name. 
Anna Beth Wilhoite was born on July 27, 2014 at 9:29am. weighting 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 1/4 inches. just barely smaller than her new cousin Ainsley :) She is the second baby on both side of the families and the first girl for Rachel's side. We figured this all out as my family and Rachel's family not so  patiently waited in the waiting room. 
proud Nana 
smitten Pop
overjoyed Aunt! 
 Matt, aka Bubby, and Rachel, aka Aunt Bubby are doing great. They are the cutest parents and I love seeing them with their new little addition. SHE is perfect and could not be any cuter. she has so much hair ! to put bows in! 
I am so excited that Ainsley has a cousin so close to her age to grow up with. Lord help us though I can already see the drama between the two of them:)  ainsley has tried to take over anna beth's swing and sleeper already. 
wake up baby
NOW- let me tell you what happened the night Rachel went into labor. 
I woke up around midnight. like felt I had been woken up. And I felt like God was laying on my heart to pray for Baby Wilhoite. and the more i prayed the more I felt like He was telling me to pray specifically for her umbilical cord. and I was thinking why am I worried about the cord? we haven't had any concerns about it and no one has even mentioned anything about the baby's cord. but i prayed. 
The next morning I woke up to like 30 texts (group texting!) and Rachel was at the hospital and in labor! I started freaking out immediately because I felt like I was already behind! 
Philip was like CALM DOWN we've got time. 
I started telling Philip about last night and how I felt like God woke me up to pray for the baby. and he was like 'must've been because she was going into labor' and I was like 'yea must be. but for some reason I was so worried about her cord…'
Fast forward to hours later, Matt comes out into the waiting room to tell us that she is here and perfect. However, when she came out, the cord was around her neck twice. 
my heart stopped. I told Bubby about me praying last night and of course I got tearful. 
God is so good. He took care of sweet little Anna Beth even even before she entered this world. He was watching over her and already knew that she would have millions of tiny little hairs on that head. And so loved by so many. 
"I knew you before I formed you inside your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5a NLT

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Your story is perfect! It still gives me goose bumps. Thankfully God was looking out for us.