Monday, October 21, 2013

We Survived!

After 8 1/2 months Ainsley and I decided it was time. 
We needed to try to spend the night away from each other. I was working a 12 hour shift on Sunday and so the most logical thing to do would be for her to stay at my parents saturday night so they could both watch her on Sunday. eek! 
helping pack 
all packed! 
Saturday night I met my parents at church, we went to dinner and then they took Ainsley and my car. As I drove away in Mom's little prius I teared up a bit. I was so sad not to have her with me. 
I mean, get a grip, amanda... right?! who knew I would be 'that mom'. haha:)
But I came home and found this sweet gesture on the counter 
don't mind if I do...
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary other than I didn't have the monitor to carry around. and when I woke up at night I didnt have the monitor to click on and check on her. 

I got lots of pictures and even a video from my parents while I was at work on Sunday, which helped so much. 

I was surprised at how much I just missed her. I take for granted the days I have with her and the thousands of times I get to kiss on her cheeks. and I hate not to being there to get her up in the morning. I barely made it home in time to put her to bed! 
So now we know it can be done. It will make our trip to New Orleans in November an easier weekend for all of us I think. 

and some pics, because I don't love posting pics on FB anymore... 
skinny minny uncle brian
cheerios! 
trying to eat the drum at music class 
 


No comments: