Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Speed Demon

Things have been quite 'speedy' lately in our family. 
Philip convinced me to let him get his dream car a little earlier than we had planned (most of you who know me, know how much of a feat this was). I know this is something that he has been dreaming of since he was little. He said he has always thought that when under-grad, medical school and residency was under his belt- he would be able to get his lusted-after sports car. So I am happy and excited for him :)
Godzilla
For his birthday I got him a day at Kentucky Speedway to drive a race car. I planned it for this past Sunday since i knew we were both off that day. We got to drive the new car up to the speedway for his big day:) 
we made it!

getting suited up
part of his 'classroom training'



and he's off!
He said he loved it. His max speed was 142.7. which is crazy because from the stands it did not look like he was going that fast. 

his 'graduation packet' with speeds for each lap
On the way home I got to drive the GTR for the first time:) It was more fun than I thought it would be, but I dont think Philip enjoyed me driving as much as I did:)



No comments: