Monday, November 2, 2020

Halloween Covid Style

October looked a lot different this year. There were no fall festivals at the school, no halloween parties and costume parades. We are still doing school virtually in Fayette County due to the very high number of cases. A lot of schools across KY have gone back, some with success and some without. Ainsley's teachers are doing such an amazing job of making the best of a crappy situation. 
Parker is continuing to do school with the help of Gramma and Nanny. He now knows all of his upper case letters and almost all of his lower case. He continues practicing writing his name and putting sounds together. 
He also improved so much in soccer this year. We were so hoping he would score a goal but he didn't seem to mind and was just happy to make contact with the ball. 
We carved pumpkins and each kid chose what they wanted to make. Ainsley chose a scary jack o lantern and Parker picked pac-man. Ainsley scooped all the guts out herself, and picked out every seed she could find. She then rinsed them and baked them and made everyone she saw try one. Parker said it was "yucky" and was a spectator. 








We made chocolate dipped monster pretzels.
We had a rare few very warm days that led the kids to the creek at the end of our neighborhood. Pop fell in, Parker fell and Ainsley jumped in. 








For school, the kids dressed up, logged onto zoom, turned their cameras off and then gave their classmates 3 clues to their costume. 3 kids got to guess and then they revealed themselves on camera. It was SO CUTE and the kids were all so excited. Her teachers are so awesome. 

We did a drive through trunk or treat, where we stayed in car and they put candy in the kids buckets. They had a good time and loved seeing the themes of each car. 
Halloween night, all the cousins (and families) came over for pizza and trick or treating. 





It was such a nice night out, and our neighbors got so creative in the ways they socially distance passed out candy. There were candy shoots, yards full of candy sticks, remote control cars, it was incredible. I am so grateful to everyone who went so above and beyond to make the holiday such a fun and safe one for the kids. It brought me so much joy to see the kids running and so happy and doing something so normal

I attempted to take down the Halloween decorations yesterday and Parker insisted that his skeleton "Ally" remain hanging in the yard. I told him we would replace them with Christmas decorations soon, but he still isn't having it. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be save