Tuesday, August 13, 2019

night before 1st Grade


I can't believe you start first grade tomorrow. This summer has been a pretty wonderful one. You matured and grew so much over the past year, that some times I don't even see who you were a year ago. You have transformed from being a painfully shy toddler into a confident too-loud-at-times little girl. You have become the best big sister and I know Parker is going to struggle when his play mate leaves him tomorrow. You two really bonded this summer, and his imagination has taken off thanks to you. You have taught him lots of things he doesn't need to know, but plenty of things he does need to know. He is learning to share, compromise, nurture, imagine and even fight. Watching the two of you has been so joyful for me (most days). Last week I even was able to read a book (gasp) while you two played in the playhouse and ran around the back yard. I gave myself a mental medal for keeping you all alive to reach this point. 

You have started to read, write (I have loved reading your menus all summer), and dance. This summer at VBS you stood on stage, on your OWN riser (per your request), and danced and sang  with the biggest smile on your face. Philip and I looked at each other like 'who is this child' but I was so proud of you. Seeing you be that happy and that confident, and praising the Lord; I could not want anything else for you. I am praying you continue to find your confidence in the Lord and continue to let Him shine through you. 

I might shed a tear tomorrow, you just never know. But I won't be sobbing like I was last year. Because you are going into a school that we love. You have a teacher we love. your group of friends you made last year are sticking together for another year and you ( dare I say) are actually excited to go I think. 
I'm excited to see what this year holds for you and to continue to watch you blossom and discover yourself. We are so proud of you and know the Lord has big things in store for you! 

Tonight, we celebrate with ice cream:) 





No comments: