Thursday, December 13, 2018

Life Lately

You all know how much I love Christmas. By far my most favorite time of the year. We jumped right from thanksgiving into spreading Christmas cheer. I am so happy we put out tree up early this year! 


Ainsley really loves going outside to talk to Mary. 

We built a hot wheels track down the steps. 

We made Grinch Rice Krispies (thanks nanny!). They were easy, super fun and delicious. 


Parker finally quit crying on the bench and has loved playing “his team” as he calls it. Ainsley cheers him on from the sidelines and Parker is seriously a baller. He’s got great hand eye coordination and makes most of the shots he takes. 



We did the kids workshop at Home Depot and they made Santa sleighs. Parker ate some paint. 




These kids- they’re the best. 



We went to Southern Lights with Jordan, Alison and all of our kids. It wasn’t crowded which was helpful as we chased 6 kids around the horse park in the dark. 








We met Santa at Valvoline again this year. Parker told Santa he wanted a shark and Ainsley explained Parker wanted a hot wheels track with a shark in the middle. Ainsley told Santa she wanted a Barbie dream house with a purple slide. 





We had friends over to decorate Christmas cookies. My two kids iced and ate one cookie each while the others had a little more stamina. I’m still finding sprinkles around the house. 






Ainsley went on her first field trip without me to see the movie the Grinch. I know how she is when I’m around, she clings to me and pays attention to no one else. I wanted her to try this on her own and gain some independence. I gave her money for snacks (which she put in her kitty purse), she rode the bus and did so good! I am so proud of her and some mom friends who were there sent me pics and texted me telling how good she was doing. 




Parker had his school Christmas party. It’s his last class in the 2 year old room as they are moving him up to the 3 year olds after Christmas. 



We went to the Christmas party at GGs where they had delicious food, Santa and crafts. Parker fell asleep on the way there, giggles and all. We had a great time and Ainsley thought grandmas “sock helper” was the coolest thing. 



We are counting down the days of school left until Ainsley is on break and home with us. I’m also hoping the temperature drops and snow comes in but that’s looking doubtful. 

We’ve introduced the kids to the “old school” Grinch, Polar Express and Home Alone. They really love the booby traps in home alone. 

Philip and I got all the presents wrapped tonight and are so excited for Christmas morning with the kids! 

No comments: