Monday, April 25, 2016

6 years

Sunday, April 24 2016, we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. We started the morning a little earlier than normal (thank you Parker) but it gave us a few minutes to exchange gifts before the hurricane woke up:) 

The traditional 6 year gift is "iron". I had an iron monogram stamp made that you attach to a lighter and burn initials into woodwork. Philip found me a beautiful iron lock, like you see all over gates in Paris, symbolizing love that never ends.

Oh, and he got me an Ugg robe- which could possibly be the softest , most comfortable thing I have ever owned. So if I make excuses not to leave my house, it's because I'm chillin in my new robe. 

We went to church that morning ( and put Parker in the nursery for the first time!!), played in the back yard for a bit, then after we got the kids down for naps, Gramma Joy came over to babysit. We spent the beautiful afternoon at Kenneland. We told Ainsley we were going to watch the horses race and she kept asking us "well what are you going to play?" I told her we were just going to hang out and talk and she asked "and play a game?" :) 
We left there and had an early dinner at OBC kitchen where we got to enjoy talking, yummy food and relaxing. 

It was the perfect way to spend our day celebrating six happy years together:) 

No comments: