Monday, July 22, 2013

Life and Love

Facebook was covered in 'It's a Boy' statuses today and I realized I didn't even know that Kate wasn't finding out the sex of her baby. 

Last week facebook was all about George Zimmerman and I asked Philip what that was all about. To which he immediately downloaded a USA Today app and gave me strict instructions to check it every morning to stay up to date with the news. and told me to quit getting my news from facebook. 
*in my defense it is actually usually very up to date!* 

So maybe I have been living in my own little world lately. I am trying to get better and more aware:) 

Ainsley and I went for a walk this morning and about 10 minutes from home got caught in a downpour. Luckily Philip was home and even more lucky for us, he was actually awake:) We sought shelter under a tree that didn't really keep us dry. Ainsley laughed as she got hit with rain under her canopy while I got soaked through until our hero came and picked us up :) 

I have been making my lists of the hundreds of things we will need for our beach trip in a few weeks. Trying to work out the details for our trip to Michigan at the end of next month. 
And of course still trying to find my niche in life at home with a baby. albeit the cutest baby in the world. 
our first trip to the swings! 


We got lots of good time with philip this weekend:)
first walk facing forward!  
Speaking of Philip, I read this blog today and I loved it. I heard a sermon years ago on how there is no such thing as falling in and out of love, and it made an impact on me and my way of thinking. Because I believe love isn't an emotion. it's a choice. and this woman articulated it all so well in her blog here

As far as food endeavors go, we can now add carrots, apples and bananas to the list:) 

I have finally started reading again. Reading is something I have always loved to do but since Ainsley arrived I just haven't been able to do it. I don't know if I couldn't concentrate, couldn't sit still that long, or she never napped that long enough. either way, during her afternoon nap or once she goes to bed I have started reading again and it makes me happy :) I read the new Jodi Piccoult (thanks for letting me borrow rachel), the Snow Child (thanks for recommending pammy), and am now reading Night Circus. Next on the list is the Good Nurse. 

Tomorrow night Philip and I are going on a real date and we are soo excited:) it's been awhile. We are hoping to try a new restaurant! 

Hope everyone is doing well!!! 


No comments: