Saturday, January 12, 2013

36 weeks!

 We are officially 9 months pregnant! and let me tell you, I feel every bit of it.:) Some people tell me they 'loved being pregnant'. personally, I am not one of those people. Dont get me wrong, I love that my daughter is nestled in my stomach and growing and developing in a healthy way. I am honored that I am able to carry her around and nourish her and take care of her inside of me. I am just not loving all the symptoms that come along with that miracle:) I am, however, not complaining or saying I won't go through it all over again:) 

size: I feel like just yesterday my phone app was telling me that the baby was as small as a poppy seed and cells were rapidly multiplying. today she is a watermelon! i mean, how crazy that there is a baby as big as a watermelon hanging out in my belly. 
a watermelon! holy crap that is coming out of me. 
what's going on with her this week: we got to see her on wednesday! the whole point of the ultrasound was to measure her head. well, she is so low they couldnt get an accurate measurement on her head. and her little butt was wedged up between my ribs. so i was reminded... again.. how short-waisted I am:) we got to see her swallow and put her hands around her face. of course she was squished in my placenta, its her favorite place to be. we got to see her little feet and hands:) and the us tech told us she could see hair! i thought for sure she would be like me and have no hair:) They estimated her weight to be 5lb 10 oz but told us it could be inaccurate. 
her little face
what's going on with me: i am uncomfortable. it's hard to sit down because it's not like she is going to bend when I sit. she just gets pushed up into my ribs. i prefer the supine position lately:) but that is not always feasible. especially at work. I think I am officially starting to waddle. its hard not to when you are on your feet for a whole shift. i am so blessed to not have to work every day though, so I am not complaining! 
I am really tired. I sit down and can barely keep my eyes open. so I am sleeping better:) 
Emotionally I am all over the place. Feeling like 'I can do this' one minute and then freaking out the next minute (thank you whitney for calming me down!). I mean I cried over the cookie sheet not fitting in the dishwasher (sorry honey). welcome to the roller coaster. 

Overall though, I am doing very well. Having pains and symptoms that are new and sometimes scary, but I figure if it's serious I'll know. (or am hoping)

waiting for her to get here!: it is so crazy thinking she could come at any time. we have set up philips phone so that it will only ring/vibrate when I call and he is sleeping. He installed the car seat in the car. We have talked and talked about our 'birth plan', realizing of course that it is not ever going to go the way we would plan for it to. Our current 'birth plan' is just get her out, safely. Whatever that entails:) 
It is overwhelming (ok and a little annoying) how many people want to give you their opinion on how we should do things and the decisions we should make.  But as it has been pointed out to me, this is the first of many decisions philip and I will make based on what is best for our family. I can't dwell or worry about what everyone thinks is best for us (easier said than done). 
No matter when she decides to come or how she decides to come out, we are getting so excited to meet her!
car seat, check! 
where philip found maya sleeping. on her changing pad with her tutu from aunt ellen next to her... 

No comments: