Friday, October 19, 2012

24 weeks!

We have made it to 24 weeks! Philip is relieved this week is here. After 24 weeks, the baby can still survive if something were to happen where she had to be taken from my womb. (who thinks like that other than a doctor?:)). So he is feeling very good this week. Especially after our anatomy scan:) 

size: she is the size of an eggplant this week. 9 inches and 1.7 lbs is what the app says. which is funny because yesterday at her ultrasound she was estimated to weigh 1.7 lbs! :) right on track! 
what's going on with me: drum roll please.... another week with no puking!!! I almost lost my cookies several times this week but I tried really hard and was able not to! The flu shot really threw me for a loop but it only last about 24 hours:/ I have been more tired this week but she is also going through a growth spurt so that is to be expected. She is moving around all the time now and I love feeling her in there:) No big emotional break downs this week :) my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball. isn't that insane?!

what's going on with A:  our anatomy scan went great! she looks so cute in there! we got to see her swallow several times. she kept trying to put her fingers in her mouth and covering her face with her little hands. it was soo cute:) they measured her lips and ruled out cleft lip. they measured her feet and ruled out club feet. they didn't find any markers for Down's Syndrome. we saw all 4 chambers of her heart. We saw both of her kidneys and her bladder. Her bladder had fluid in it, telling us her kidneys are working. they measured her adorable little belly and her tiny little head. they measured the ventricles in her brain. Philip and the ultrasound lady (who we love) carried on a conversation that went well over my head when they were looking at her heart. but i got the gist of it-- all looked good! Praise God that our baby girl appears to be growing healthy in there. We have both been praying so hard for her. 
look at that precious little face! 
We both said right off the bat "she looks like her dad". and she does we think! Philip thinks she has my chin. she has philips nose. and I hope that is some hair we see on her little head! (probably not though, I didn't have hair until I was one!) No matter what characteristics she comes out with, we are both so elated that all looks healthy and both felt so good after leaving the Dr's office. 

her nostrils are starting to open this week. and her skin is becoming more pink as capillaries under her skin are filling with blood. 

cravings: at work on tuesday someone was drinking a Diet Mt Dew and I thought 'i have to have one'. Lucky for me one of the paramedics spoils me and went to Speedway and bought me one. I haven't had one since well before I was pregnant! it was the best one I have ever had:) 

After our dr appt we went to a new restaurant called 'First Watch'. It is right across the street from St Joe East and it was yummy! maybe our family can visit there when they come visit Ainsley ? :) 
Then we went and picked out paint for her nursery. Philip has come up with what I think will be a very attractive way to paint the nursery. I am excited to see the final product! 

I think we both feel much more at peace this week. This scripture has been with me since I found out I was pregnant and it applies so much to us this week. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:6-7 
So thankful for the peace that only God can bring:)

No comments: