Thursday, August 2, 2012

back to the grind. and smells.

Yesterday was my first day back to work after almost 3 weeks off. I would say the alarm at 515 came way too early, but 300 was what came too early (the time I woke up and couldnt sleep anymore). I even woke Philip up at 4 to see if he would talk to me:) -- no luck:) it was like I was nervous about going back or something!

It was funny at work to hear so many people comment on 'how much weight I have lost'. like ' oh you look so good! what have you been doing??'. like i have been hittin the gym and working real hard at it.  i wanted to laugh and say 'look good? im green!' but I managed to divert the conversation some and in others just tell them the happy news:) It is so weird to me that people are starting to know about our little secret we have kept for almost 8 weeks. Dont get me wrong, I love sharing this with people who care about us. it's just weird that its not just us and a few people who know. It makes it so much more real. :)

Being at work is a definite challenge when you are pregnant and already nauseated. I had a burn patient several weeks ago and had to walk out from the smell. Luckily my manager was there and took over for me once she saw me almost run for the bathroom. But let me tell ya- the ER is not the place to be when aren't feeling well. the sights and smells will tip you right over the edge :) (then there is my husband who dry heaves every.time. there is a patient laying in poop. should make for an interesting first few weeks with baby!) :)

I made it the through the day though and got to tell several more people at work which was fun:)

Today I am off to have lunch with  my college roommate Robyn and her little boy Jack. I haven't seen Jack since he was days old and I am so excited:)
last time i saw him!

No comments: