Friday, March 2, 2012

Tornado

We are all alive and safe.
When I got home from the gym this morning, all over the news were predictions for the terrible weather that was heading to KY. 
Philip is working in Morehead. we have no basement. i am freaking out. 
here is what we were shown :
They kept telling us the white area was the bullseye where the most damage was going to occur. The man from the weather channel was spotted in the Lexington Airport. Facebook was blowing up with statuses about people having to pick their kids up early from school, people offering up their basements and other storm related comments.
Luckily for me, my friend Jordan took the day off from work and was freaking out a little bit too. She came over and laid on the couch with me while we watched the news. 
I texted my neighbor to see if she was home and we could use her basement. She is so wonderful, she said yes and bring Jax and Maya. 
I packed my storm bag. I dug out an old dog crate to put Maya in. I folded up Jackson's sleep blanket. It was all sitting by the door ready to go with me when things got bad.
Jordan's husband Nick got off work early (as did everyone else in Lexington. even Wal-Mart closed!). He came over and kept us calm. I am so thankful they were with me and I was not alone.
When the tornado watch went to a warning, we hiked next door and hunkered down in their basement.
Thank God that the tornado passed over us. Damage was shown to Indiana and it is devastating. May God offer comfort to the people that live there and are suffering. 


No comments: